Saturday, October 08, 2011

Signed in Saskatchewan


I was inspired by another collector showcasing his autograph collection to start showcasing mine.  I have a very specific collection - I collect cards personally signed by former and current players for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL.  So far, I have over 250 cards signed by over 100 different players and I'm going to start showcasing these over the next few months. 

My collection, started about 7-8 years ago, has been built through three methods, I have bought a number of these cards through E-bay to build the base of it, but since building that base many have been collected through the mail with a few done by attending autograph sessions or practices. 

First off, I'd like to thank all those players who have signed these cards for taking that little bit of time for the fans.  It's very much appreciated by those who collect.

I must say that I really enjoy the anticipation of collecting autographs through the mail though I've only been doing it one time a year so far - during the CFL season - when I get autographs from current players.  But to expand my collection of past Riders, I'll be sending more out.  I just need to get one thing - addresses.  So far, my work hasn't been too difficult, I've sent most of the cards I've had signed directly to the player care of the Saskatchewan Roughriders.  But for past players, that doesn't work so well.  Meaning I may need a new approach.  So I'll be looking into some options on how to go about this and will use this blog to talk about the successes of getting in touch with those players.  I won’t be divulging any addresses that I do obtain.

Hopefully, those of you that check in on this little blog will enjoy what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment